Universal Credit Training Seminar: Friday 10th March – 10am – 1pm
This training event was delivered by Kam Patel, Partnership Support Manager: Department for Work and Pensions
What is Universal Credit (UC)?
- Universal Credit is being phased in over the next few years. It started being rolled out in Bromley from the 18 January 2016, but initially only for single people making a new claim who would otherwise have claimed Jobseekers Allowance. Full service is expected to be implemented by September 2018
- It combines six existing working-age benefits, and is a single monthly payment for people in or out of work. It replaces some of the benefits and tax credits such as: Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance. Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
The training covered:
- Introduction to Universal Credit
- Claimant Commitment
- What’s Changed, Jobseeker’s Profile, My Work Plan.
- Universal Support
- Local Service Support, Partnership Arrangements.
- Personal Budgeting Support Overview
- Alternative Payment Arrangements, Money Advice, Payment advances.
- Representatives & volunteers from voluntary sector support organisations