Information Sharing Event on Tenant’s Rights & Responsibilities
Took place on Friday 26th May (10am – 1pm) at Community House, Bromley
- This information sharing event based on tenants’ rights and responsibilities arose from the initial seminar we held on the Hidden Homeless before Christmas, as part of the Community Voices Project.
- The event was aimed at Bromley based charities & community groups that deal with advice and tenancy support as well as representatives from housing associations and council departments.
- The focus of the event was to share information between organisations, about signposting tenants to appropriate support and to help advice workers and tenancy support agencies access more information on these areas. Finally to look at any potential shared action points – such as a communication campaign to support education on tenant rights, which resulted in a successful fundraising initiative to develop a tenant’s toolkit for Bromley.
Current list of Speakers:
- David Walton / St Mungo’s Regional Head South East London and Sussex
- Dan Prentice / Radcliffe Housing Society,
- Davina Myers / Depaul Charity
- Andrew Raby / Senior Partner from Thackray Williams
- Seema Chote / Housing Options Group Manager, LB Bromley
The notes from this seminar are available here.