An introduction to Personal Independence Payment (PIP) for support organisations:
The event took place on Thursday 11th May – 10am – 1pm
- The training event was delivered by Kam Patel, Partnership Support Manager: Department for Work and Pensions
What is Personal Independence Payment (PIP)?
- PIP is replacing the Disability Living Allowance.
- It is for people who have a physical or mental disability and need help participating in everyday life or getting around. It has two components (daily living and mobility) and two levels (standard and enhanced).
- Although the criteria are set out fairly clearly for claimants, the main problems arise with the face-to-face assessment, which they often report as inaccurate and an underestimate of their actual needs.
The seminar delivery:
- Introduction to PIP and the PIP toolkit, assessment criteria and the claims form.
- We then opened up the event for discussion between the participants and a chance for both voluntary sector organisations and council officers to share experiences
- Representatives & volunteers from voluntary sector support organisations and council officers